Welcome. Look here for announcements.
Ms. Coleman's Introduction to Healthcare Science Class
General Class Information
- IHS CDA Calendar (File)
Healthcare Science Technology Education programs are designed to provide students with competencies to facilitate a smooth transition from secondary education to entry-level career, postsecondary education, and lifelong learning.
Professional Dress Days
Professional dress days are the second and fourth Wednesday (or Thursday) of each month.
- Professional Dress Calendar (File)
Appropriate attire includes:
- Medical Scrubs
- Business Attire
DO NOT WEAR:
- Blue Jeans
- Half Uniforms (Scrubs)
If you have a personal problem with professional dress days please see me.
Make-up days are not allowed without prior approval.
1st Nine Weeks CDA (CDA #1): Healthcare Delivery System, HOSA, Medical Terminology, Careers, and Communication
- Health Care Delivery System Review Sheet (File)
- Student Guided Notes Review_Medical Ter (File)
- Roots Prefixes Suffixes and Common Abrev (File)
- Career Plan (File)
- Studen Review_Employability Skills (File)
- Healthcare Communication Guided Notes an (File)
- Information Technology Review Sheet (File)
- HOSA Scavenger Hunt (File)
- Job Application
- Resume Wizard (File)
- Cover Letter Template (File)
- Reference Letter Template (File)
2nd Nine Weeks CDA (CDA #2) Safety, Preventative Practices, and Infection Control
- Review Sheet - Body Mechanics Ergonomics (File)
- Ergonomics and Body Mechanics (File)
- Fire Safety_Student (File)
- Flood Preparedeness (File)
- Health Wellness Stress and Time Manageme (File
- Infection Control Guided Notes and Revie (File)
- Safety Guidelines and Safety Practices (File)
- Hydrogen Perioxide MSDS (File)
- Sodium Chloride MSDS (File)
- MSDS Scavengar Hunt (File)
- Wellness Survey
- WebQuest (Complete Task 1 and 2)
- Disaster Preparedness Project - Individu (File)
- Disaster Preparedness Project - Group (File)
- Chain of Infection Project (File)
- Microbes High School Year Book (File)
3rd Nine Weeks CDA (CDA#3) Medical Math, Legal Responsibilities, Ethical Responsibilities, and Cultural Diversity
- Medical Math_Guided Notes - new (File)
- Conversion Factor Note Sheet (File)
- Cultural Diversity Guided Notes (File)
- Ethical Responsibilities Guided Notes (File)
- Legal Responsibilities Guided Notes (File)
- Oral Presentation Rubric (File)
Professionalism (Professional Attire) Make UP Assigment
A vision board is typically a foam poster board on which you place or collage images, words, or letters from various magazines, journals, and newspaper articles of wanted accomplishments (your life’s ambition).
Why? If you surround yourself with images of who you want to become or what you want to have, your life changes to match those images and those desires. --- It becomes reality because you are constantly reminded of such (keeps you focused) and you work to obtain your reality.
Your assignment is to create a Vision Board. This is your final project.
FIRM Due Date: May 23rd, 2017 at end of class.
You must include information regarding: 1) your aspirations (educational, professional, and personal), 2) your dream vacation, 3) your dream residency (location, home, etc.), 4) things you wish to change about yourself, 5) any additional information that you would like to share with us. Your options are to create either a physical vision board or a virtual vision board (www.dreamitalive.com or www.visionboard.me).
- Vision Board 2018 (File)
Upload to Engrade Turn In